From revolutionary hardware to boutique storefronts, Apple is famed for offering tailored customer experiences. In fact, Apple has even given us a unique opportunity to make sure our gadgets are really one of a kind with personalized engraving.
When purchasing various gadgets on the official Apple online shop, Apple provides you the opportunity to engrave your device at checkout for free. But, what are the important things to note and the Process of Engraving on Airpods?
Important things for Engraving on Airpods
AirPods do not only sound awesome, but they are also exceedingly trendy and elegant. They are the preferred earbuds for thousands of people throughout the globe. If you can afford them, these are among the finest earbuds available on the market.
Here, the most surprising element for a customer is that Airpods can have texts and messages engraved on them.
This can help you create incredibly unique AirPods and also a wonderful customized present idea. It will be a really good and thoughtful plan to have some special message engraved on the Airpods when using them for gifting purposes.
Process of Engraving on Airpods
The official Apple website is the only place where you can ask for engraving your AirPods. It’s not possible to engrave your current Airpods in an Apple Store; this must be done online while purchasing.
It’s also worth noting that, since the engraving is done using a laser, you cannot edit it after purchasing your AirPods. When you’re picking your AirPods, you can choose your order.
Free engraving for Airpods is the icing on the cake. As a result, why not do it? For those who want to customize their Apple AirPods, other Apple devices may also be engraved.
Apple continues to provide engraving possibilities for free for a reason. Engraving your Apple devices has a number of advantages.
Advantages of Engraving on Airpods
- Personalization: Personalization is a means to stand apart in a world of mass manufacturing—many Apple fans like being different from their peers since there are so many Airpods on the market. An engraving is a terrific way to show off your individuality, whether it’s a nickname or a humorous statement.
- Gifting Purposes: Reminding others why they should be grateful for you might be helpful at times. Giving them an engraved Apple gadget like Airpod is a great way to keep your name in their minds. Many thoughtful gift-givers believe that only a unique inscription may enhance a memorable occasion.
- Distinct and Safe: Small items like AirPods get mixed up a lot in Apple-loving families and workplaces. While it may be possible to distinguish which device is yours without customizing your covers, this isn’t always the case. In order to prevent it from being unintentionally taken home, some users take advantage of the chance to have their gadget laser engraved.
- Prevent Device Theft by Using Security Measures: Many individuals engrave their contact information on their Airpods for more practical purposes. Additionally, engraving makes it less likely that someone would try to steal and resell your item because of the lesser resale value it has. Good samaritans may easily identify your item if it is engraved with your contact information.
Disadvantages of Engraving on Airpods
Even though there are certain benefits to engraving Airpods, the following are some of the most popular reasons why some individuals choose not to do so:
- A Longer Wait for Packages to Arrive: Be aware that if you want to have your device engraved by Apple, it will take at least one to three days longer for it to arrive. The extra processing time for engraved gadgets might last for weeks during extremely high-demand seasons.
- Reduced Market Value: Many individuals try to trade in or resell their Airpods before upgrading since they often live longer than expected. However, despite the fact that Apple Trade-In accepts inscribed gadgets, you’ll receive a greater offer selling your old Apple product directly. Unfortunately, items with your name inscribed on them are more difficult to sell.
Ideas for Engraving on Your Airpods
A mix of numbers, characters, or symbols may be engraved on an Apple product. If you’re a fan of Apple’s AirPods, you can even personalize the cases with emojis. There are a total of 30 emojis to choose from when it comes to personalization.
Fist bump, robot, extraterrestrial, and unicorn are just a few examples; there’s also dung and all the other zodiac animals to round out the list. Emojis have a greater font size than ordinary characters.
Each Apple device has a different quantity of characters that may be engraved. Each line of text on an iPad may be as long as 34 characters. Only 15 characters may be etched on the second-generation Apple Pencils.
It’s no surprise that so many individuals have opted to personalize their Airpods with these possibilities.
Can Apple AirPods be engraved even after they’ve been purchased?
Because Apple doesn’t provide a lot of customization options, you’ll have to buy your AirPods from the Apple Online Store if you want them engraved. The only studios or businesses that can engrave AirPods on your request will charge you for it.
Once you’ve found reputable engraving firms, the only thing left for you is to inquire about the technology that will be utilized to engrave the AirPods.
There is no one to hold accountable if something goes wrong since this is a third-party engraving studious Damage to your AirPods is not the responsibility of Apple.
For many Apple fans, the objective is to keep an Apple product for as long as possible. There’s no reason not to get engraved on your gadget if it serves as a constant reminder that it ought to be cared for until the end.
On the other hand, Engraving isn’t for individuals who want the pleasure of a new product every few years.
As an alternative to engraving, you may place removable stickers on your gadget or design a silicon shell that fits over it instead. With this option, you’ll be able to return to your regular routine sooner rather than later.