With the advancement in technology, laser cutting has now become very popular. Earlier CNC laser cutting was only done for industrial manufacturing processes. But now with a wider range of applications, it has become popular among architects, hobbyists, inventors, etc. People are looking for affordable laser cutters to start their entrepreneurship journey.
Are you among the people who are looking to buy an affordable and multi-purpose laser such as a boss, thunder etc cutter? Are you looking for a suitable laser cutter for cutting and engraving on various materials?
This article will provide you with the answers to all your questions. Stay tuned to know more! Laser cutting has made it easier for people to create innovative products by giving life to imagination.
There are many laser cutters available in the market, but the Dremel Laser Cutter has been the one-stop solution for all laser cutting and engraving projects. So, without any further dues, let’s read further to know about this super laser cutter in detail.
Why Dremel is the best Laser Cutter?
Its advanced technology helps in understanding the projects deeply through self-developed models and prototypes. It can either be used for cutting hand-made designs on invitation cards or for engraving personalized designs on leather wallets.
Dremel laser cutter uses CO2 for laser cutting and engraving on different materials like leather, wood, acrylic, glass, paper, fabric, etc. It is a 40Watt laser cutting machine. Its advanced technology helps in giving life to your creativity and imagination
It can either cut or engrave any design that you want. You need to input the CAD file of the design in its highly-optimized software, enter the parameters according to the material, and start cutting. The machine will start working and give you a high-quality output of your drawing. Dremel has simplified the usage of advanced technology with its trustable and reliable laser cutter.
What are the Dremel Laser Cutter Features?
Dremel is a lot more than just a cutter. Its features are enough to prove this. Below-mentioned features make it a top-notch solution for various types of laser cutting products:
01. Long-Lasting Machine: With complete testing and all the endurance tests done on the machine, the Dremel provides maximum continuous runtime. It is reliable and safe to use. Its manufacturing is done keeping all the safety measures in mind. It can work continuously for hours to satisfy all your project needs if used with proper care and maintenance.
02. Intuitive Software: It comes with high-speed laser software, compatible with all types of designs. This software can easily run without internet connectivity. It is an in-built software in the laser machine that can be accessed on the computer system for better convenience and design.
03. Smart Laser Sensors: This laser machine is incorporated with smart sensors that can continuously monitor the laser machine. One of its smart sensors ensures that the laser only works when the lid is closed. When you open the lid, laser stops working to ensure the safety of the user. This smart feature helps the users to focus on creativity and ensures the precise cutting and engraving of the product.
04. Smart Camera: It has a smart camera system installed to avoid any misprint. Its in-built high-resolution smart camera captures the image, which is very helpful to place the design correctly on the object through the software.
05. TouchScreen LCD for Smart Operation: It has a 7-inch smart and touch screen LCD for smart operation. With the help of this smart screen, you can easily start and pause the operation without accessing the software on the computer system. This feature also allows you to check the status of the project.
06. Array Feature: It comes with a smart array feature that helps you copy a similar design over the complete object. For this, you don’t need to open the designing software again and again.
07. Integrated Cooling System: Its Hex box comes with an integrated cooling system that ensures long working hours without any hurdles. Its innovative air assist system keeps the laser machine cool without a need for downtime.
Advantages of Dremel Laser
Dremel comes with many advantages, making it a perfect choice for entrepreneurs who want to start their home workshops. The following are the top advantages of opting for the Dremel laser cutter:
01. High-Quality & Precise Cutting
The smart technology and laser beam ensure high-quality and precise cutting of desired designs on different objects. You can even scan any image; its smart features will convert that image into a printable format for laser cutting or engraving.
02. Detailed Cutting & Engraving
It can even cut and engrave a detailed and hand-made design on different materials like paper, leather, wood, etc. You can also intricate a detailed design to make exclusive invitation cards.
03. Hassle-free Cutting
Its smart features are helpful for long hours of hassle-free cutting and engraving. It only works when the lid is completely closed to prevent interruptions and accidents.
04. Works on a Variety of Materials
Another advantage of the Dremel is that it works on various materials like leather, paper, glass, fabric, acrylic, etc. It has different parameters for different materials. You need to enter the correct parameters and maintain the right pressure of the laser beam to ensure precise and high-quality cutting and engraving of the desired material.
05. Easy to Use
With the simplified advanced technology, the Dremel has easy-to-use features. You can easily operate it while taking all the measures and precautions stated at the time of purchase. Its easy-to-use features and operational commands make it the best choice.
Disadvantages of Dremel Laser
Everything has its pros and cons. Despite having so many advantages, the Dremel has certain disadvantages. The following disadvantages are associated with the purchase of a Dremel:
The Dremel is a bit expensive compared to many other laser cutters available on the market. The price of this exclusive and flexible laser cutter starts from $6,000. If you are looking for a cheaper product, you can opt for other devices like Glowforge Plus. Read the comparison between Glowforge and Dremel
Its operation is a little noisy, which adds to another disadvantage of this laser cutter. It makes noise while working, although this noise is not much disturbing.
03. Produces Smoke
Another major disadvantage of using this laser cutter is that being CO2-based; it produces a moderate amount of smoke. This smoke can be harmful to the user. Hence, it requires proper ventilation facilities in the workshop.
Laser cutter, generally, generates a lot of smoke that can be hazardous for health and can even cause respiratory problems. From a safety point of view, you should operate a laser cutter in a properly ventilated area.
Dremel Design, Set-Up, and Control
Let’s read further to know more about the technical details of the Dremel.
It is a heavy machine due to an in-built integrated cooling system.
- Laser Cutting Area: 18.4” X 12”
- Machine Area: 32” X 20” X 8.25”
- Weight (Without Hex Box): 63.3 Pound
- Laser Type: Sealed CO2 Laser Tube
- Power Required: 40Watt
It has a glass top that shows the cutting. Besides the cutting area, an LCD touch screen has operational control buttons. Inside the glass top, there’s an in-built camera on the sidewall that captures the high-resolution image to show the preview of the design.
You require a large and well-ventilated area for the set-up of the machine. Different models of this laser cutter vary in price range, depending on the accessories attached.
The starting range of this laser cutter is $6,000, but this model doesn’t come with a clip-on fan and fume extractor. Without these attachments, there’s no way of getting rid of the smoke and stinky smell of CO2 fumes.
The laser machine is connected to a separate box with two pipes. This box acts like a cooler and prevents the laser machine from getting heated due to long work hours. It works by circulating the water across the laser tube and base through the radiator.
You can easily control the entire system on your computer system through a web-based interface. The intuitive software of the machine can either work online or offline. You can also control the laser machine through an LCD touch screen or a computer system.
- Web Browser: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer
- Operating System: Mac & Windows
Laser cutters have become a top-notch solution for all industrial processes and entrepreneurial journeys. The Dremel Laser Cutter is the best choice for home-based workshops. Despite being expensive, it provides you with various advantages.
It can prove to be the most reliable laser cutter to satisfy the needs of schools and colleges’ model-making procedures. It can easily give life to your creativity and imagination within minutes. Laser cutting isn’t so easy that you buy a laser cutter, plug it in, and start using it. But with the Dremel and its safety features, it has become much easier.